Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Bad Sectors on SD card
Bad Sectors on SD card

1948 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2014-10-03 11:54:09

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Steinriise
    2014-09-30 02:30:56
    I have a SD card  with some bad sectors. Some files (10 files) cant be read or copied.
    I bought the DS708 in 2012.
    Is it possible for me to download a copy of my original files that came with my DS708 without have to pay 500$?

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2014-09-30 04:59:57 (Reply to:Steinriise)

No, as far as I know.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    peterjankowski

2014-10-03 11:54:09

I am currently dealing with a similar issue. I purchased two MaxiDas Ds708 machines about two years ago. Recently, one of them has stopped working as well as the other. The machine will not longer communicate with certain BMW and Nissan control modules. In addition to these issues, the GM sector has completely disappeared from my home screen.

I have tried copying the data to a new SD card, how ever the same issues persist. I would love to copy the data from my one working Ds708 to the other, however, the data is encrypted and requires a matching Serial Number. I have contacted Autel Tech Support regarding this issue but according to them, I have to purchase the $600 update and renew my account in order to resolve this issue.

I do not want to buy the $600 update in order to recover this information that I have already paid for!! As far as I am concerned I already own this info! Is there really no possible way for me to re-install the original files on my machine??

Total1 Pages